Landscape Designing is a profession that mixes both the art and the sciences. Landscape Designers are concerned with the design and development of land around a building (such as a hotel, commercial complex, educational campus, etc.) or open space (such as dens, children’s play area, public recreational places, etc.). Landscape designers use a combination of skills. They have to look into the natural elements and the requirements of the users.
||H.Sc, B.Sc (Botany), Interior Designer, Civil Designers, Draftsman.
|Duration Of Course:
||One Year ( Part Time)
||Second week of July
|Medium of Instruction:
||Various Gardens and Plant Nurseries in Mumbai.
Theory of Horticulture:
- H-1 -Plant Morphology, General Theory, Plant Growth Cycle, Method Of Regeneration.
- H-2 -Herbarium, Collection Of Specimen and Study Of Trees, Shrubs, Climbers , Ground covers.
- H-3 -Cultivation Technique , Soil, Manure, Vermiculture.
- H-4 -Specialised Technique In Gardening, Indoor and Basket Gardening, Bonsai, Green Houses, Wallscapes.
Theory of Design:
- D-1 -Elements of Landscape Design , Topography, Water, Light and Shade, Wind, Street light.
- D-2 -History of Landscape Design, Mesopotamian, Mughal, Japanese, Modern Landscape Design.
- D-3 -Basic Design, ColorThoery, Collage, Sketching.
- D-4 -Drawing and Presentation, Scale Drawing & Model Making, Measured Drawings, Presentation Techniques, Working Drawing, Plantation Drawing.
- D-5 -General Site Visits, Market Surveys, Apprasials, Practicals